Sunday, February 15, 2009

Philadelphia Home of High Value and Low Price

As I am watching the activity in the local real estate market pick up, common sense seems to be returning to the market. Our interest rates are lower then have been for 50 years. Prices in Philadelphia have avoided the slippery slide that was experienced in places like California, Florida and Nevada, but only because the values of our properties never had the unreasonable increases that were fueled by speculation and absurd lending practices.

As people react to our new administration, the fear seems to be going away with the winter, and buyers have been busier than they have been in months looking to take advantage of the current market conditions.

So since I haven't posted a video for a little bit, and I was playing around on my Real Estate Shows account, I thought I would share what $249,900 buys in Northeast Philadelphia. A 3 bedroom 2 bath single home with ultra modern kitchen, stainless steel appliances, new bathrooms, new windows, a large yard, and so many extras that I wouldn't want to list them all here - AND you can walk to shops, transportation, and every possible amenity. In California, that $249,900 might just be your down payment - here you get a whole house!

0 comments: